The New Volunteer General Training is an overview of the IFI Vision and Values and will teach you the skills you’ll need to relate well to your international friend.
- A Volunteer Handbook will be provided. If you would like to make a donation toward the cost of the materials, click here.
- Please submit a new volunteer application prior to attending a training session.
- Please register ahead of the session you want to attend. The list of training dates and the sign up form are below. Click here to complete an application.
Click Here to Access Online Training
- Why do I need to attend the New Volunteer Orientation/Training Session?
We require all new volunteers to be equipped to serve international students and to understand all of the services that IFI makes available to the students. Since each volunteer is an important part of the ministry and represents IFI to the students, volunteers need to understand and be in agreement with our ministry focus and philosophy.
- How long is the New Volunteer Orientation/Training Session?
The training is 2 hours long.
- When and where is the next training?
For dates and locations, visit our web site at ifipartners.org/training, or contact Leila Gardner at 614-294-2434, or .
- What is covered in the training?
The first part is an introduction to international student ministry and IFI’s history, values, goals, and volunteer opportunities. The second part includes cultural awareness, cross-cultural friendships and communication, hospitality, and sharing your faith cross-culturally. You also have access to a Resource Manual for future use.
Volunteer Training Sign Up