"‘Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!"
- Isaiah 49:15 NIV
The International Mother’s Group (IMG) is an outreach to international mothers and their young children. It offers opportunities for the moms to have genuine friendships with local Americans, as well as a safe environment in which to practice their English. As needed, we assist the moms with their adjustment and caring for their families in a new culture. Moms will read and discuss passages from the Bible. Other activities may be planned from time to time such as crafts, potlucks and trips.
- October 6 (9:30am-11:00am): Overview of American grocery stores, how to use their phone apps, and understanding weekly sales flyers
- October 13 (9:30am-11:00am): Bible Discussion - Life and stories of Jesus
- October 20 (9:30am-11:00am): More information about Grocery stores, and prayer time
- October 30 (6:00pm-8:00pm): Dinner & Pumpkin Decorating - RSVP needed!
- November 10 (9:30am-11:00am): Bible Discussion - Life and stories of Jesus
- November 17 (9:30am-11:00am): Fall craft related to the American Thanksgiving holiday
- November 27 (6:00pm-8:00pm): Thanksgiving meal - RSVP needed
Meeting Location: Various "kid-friendly" homes among the group's community of moms
- Friday mornings (may vary based on holidays) @ 9:30am -11:00am
- Monday evenings 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Four (4) female helpers are needed to serve 2-4 times a month to support and befriend international moms.
There are several different areas in which you can help prepare for and serve at the meeting:
- Help plan special events and trips
- Help to prepare a 20-30 minute Bible lesson and lead a discussion once or twice a month
- Drive moms and children that need a ride
- Assist with Childcare
- Set-up and clean-up
- Provide snacks
For more detailed information on the above areas of involvement click here.
- What is the group? What do they do at meetings?
The International Mothers’ Group (IMG) is a support group and English class for international moms and their pre-school-aged children and babies. By showing love and concern for the moms and their children, we hope to have an opportunity to reveal God’s love to them, and let them know of other IFI activities that may be helpful to them spiritually. At the 2-hour meetings we have refreshments, discuss a topic in English, and have activities for the children. For more information about meeting dates, times and location, email Sarah Gillette or Beth Gass.
- How can I help with the IMG?
The opportunities to serve include helping with the children, bringing refreshments, and/or befriending a mom. This is an excellent opportunity for stay-at-home moms and home-schooled families to serve international families.